mixing 3g of cloves & zizyphus spina christi w/ 100g henna for african hair 4 more red tint & clean/conditioning

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
naturalrays
mixing 3g of cloves & zizyphus spina christi w/ 100g henna for african hair 4 more red tint & clean/conditioning

I'm thinking about applying henna @ my hair @night and I found some samples that I ordered awhile back. I want a reddish tint to my hair so I figure that I can mix in all or some of the 3g clove powder, and add extra shine and conditioning if i add 3g or some of the zizyphus spina christi to my 100g henna for african hair. Is this a good idea, or should I only use the 100g african hair??

Carrie
Re: mixing 3g of cloves & zizyphus spina christi w/ 100g ...

I haven't tried mixing zizy and henna. Zizy is for cleansing and thickening (it made my hair pretty big, but not shiny or silky) so I am not sure how it would do combined with henna. If you know your hair likes zizy, maybe do a small trial with shed hair?

Mixing cloves into your henna is fine for scent (won't affect the color permanently), but it will make it lots grittier to rinse out.

naturalrays

okay, also, i have  a sample of dried limes and henna from pakistan. wut would the likely result be if i add them 2 the henna for african hair? how in the world is the lime suppose 2 be used anyway, lol?

Carrie

I think the dried limes are used as your acidic ingredient, so you add them at the beginning .. henna, dried limes, water. You could add the cloves after dye release occurs - but that's only because cloves will turn your paste brown right away and you might want to see the color change occurring with dye release. The real test for dye release, though, is putting a little blob on your palm and rinsing it off after a minute to see if you get a stain.

It is fine to mix other henna with your henna for African Hair ... though if the sift is isn't as fine as the African Hair henna, that might not be as easy to rinse out.