Amazing black colour!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Katarzena
Amazing black colour!

Finally I'm done with hennaing and I'm more then happy with my results.

I will shortly explain what I did to achieve black colour so it might be helpful to others.

I'd like to say thank you to ACWN and Carrie who were extremely helpful to me so that I finally dyed my hair after 5 unsuccessful strand tests (lol). I'm glad I didn't turn to chemicald dyes (it was very close).

I have light brown (dark blonde) hair, to the middle back, maybe even longer. It is very thick.

What did I do? (after strand and allergy test)

->mixed 300g henna with apple juice. Let it sit for 7 hours for dye release. Covered henna with saran wrap. After 7 hours applied henna and left it on for 5 and a half hours. (probably not neccessary that long, but I wanted to be sure it will stick to my hair, since it was my first time hennaing.)

-> rinsed out henna and mixed indigo with water, applied it emmidiately.

-> rinsed out indigo after an hour, applied it again for two hours.

( I wanted to be sure I'll end up with black hair :D)

My hair has been just washed, it is black, like the blackest black. Nothing compared to strand test. On the whole head, full of hairs it look even better! It is a little bit greenish, especially in my bathroom, but I holpe it will go away fastly.

This is something similar to my natural hair color:

http://www.google.hr/imgres?imgurl=http://www.greathairstyletips.com/ima...

And this is what I got

http://www.google.hr/imgres?imgurl=http://images.askmen.com/galleries/ce...

I'm very happy with the color, even my mother thinks black suits me, despite me being natural blonde. :)

I was wondering about the dye, will it wash out? I'm kind of afraid of that, if it washes out, what will I be left with? Green hair? Orange?

What can I do to avoid the dye to fade away? And are there any products that I have to avoid? speaking of heat protector and stuff like that if I can still use them.

Kisses =*

ACWN
Re: Amazing black colour!

Given you did a back to back application of indigo, it SHOULDNT fade... but theres a chance it might given the problems you've had with your test. Freshness counts with indigo. If it fade, the henna will show through more and it will become more reddish.

The only products that I know of that you need to stay away from are hair bleach (that WILL make your hair green, permanently) and strong shampoos for the first 24 hours after the initial rinse. Clarifying shampoos and other strong detergent based shampoos can pull some of the indigo out. Otherwise you will need to find out what causes fading specific for you because everyone is different.

Congrats on the black though! Glad you finally got it. :)

Katarzena

When does the smell go away? My hair smells really bad xD

Carrie

About 2 weeks, and it's more fragrant when it's wet!  :D

Katarzena

Oh I see. Is there nothing I can do about it? Is it dependent on hair washes or it just takes 2 weeks to go away no matter how often you wash your hair?

(it's not that I'd wash my hair more often, I don't want to lose the color, but just asking.) (;

ACWN

I think its just something that has to wear off. You could try something like lavender oil. Just put a few drops in your hand, rub them together and smooth the oil through your hair after you shower.

Katarzena

I'll try it. Thank you :)