henna build up

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
kimberkley
henna build up

hello everyone,

i had stopped using henna for a while because i was getting a huge build up problem and my hair was getting sort of greasy and heavy. i just hennaed again for the first time in about six months. it looks so nice! i hope i don't run into the build up problem again but i am getting to a point where i'm just too grey.

anyone have any suggestions? i was thinking to maybe strip off all henna with lemon juice or the like when it starts too get heavy. has anyone had this issue?

any help- thanks so much!

Carrie
Re: henna build up

Using 1/4 amla in my henna mix solved that problem for me for roots touch-ups, but you still have to limit how often you put henna on your length. Using a whole lot of lemon juice treatments will dry your hair but won't remove henna.

I was able to lift some henna overload (not all, by any means) with yogurt packs with some amla added. I think used 1 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup amla, mixed and applied for 30 minutes then rinsed out, several times.

Becky

Henna build up? What's that all about? I tried henna 2 weeks ago for the first time. Love, love the results. But build up doesn't sound good. Is there more info on this site about that?

Carrie

From what I hear on the forum over the last few years, I don't think it's a common issue; I just don't see many people complaining of this type of texture change.

When I started using henna, my hair was pretty straight and fine, very little gray, and after 4-5 full-strength hennas I had heavy, thick, oilier hair than usual. Lifting a little henna with yogurt/amla packs and then switching to henna/amla or cassia/henna for roots touchups solved the problem. Now that I have a little more gray which is a coarser texture of hair, it no longer happens.