Re: Can tap water cause distorted color in hendigo?

I read a thread about tap water distorting or causing unexpected and unwanted color results with Amla or Cassia. Has anyone had any issues with hendigo?

Should one consider using distill water for washing to avoid such possibility or hendigo is safe with regular tap water?

I am using Yemen henna and indigo gray mix kit.

Thanks!

test

test

How to moisturize?

Can somebody please advise?

What's the best way to moisturize the length of my hair while I'm under the dryer with henna on the roots?

So, what would be especially good with heat?

I'd been using Aveda Dry Remedy, which makes my hair look real nice, but it's heavy on the dimethicone... which I hear is not so good, right? 

Thanks!!!

New site navigation questions

Hi again,

Ok, this time I have technical questions about the new site, sorry if they have obvious answers, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the change in format...

- Is there any way to search archives?

- upon registering I was informed that my password is considered "low" security... is there any reason I need a high security password? What's the worse that could happen if someone hacked it, and why would they?

Ancient Sunrise Dye Content

Does anyone know the dye content of the Ancient Sunrise henna? the one that is found at this link. http://www.ancientsunrise.com/

Does anyone know if the Ancient Sunrise Red, found at the link above is the equivalent to the AS Celebration just with a different dye content?

Does anyone know where you can buy Jamila Henna in Columbus, Oh...if at all?

Can Jamila be purchased via menhadi? I didn't see it on the site unless I was looking in the wrong place.

Does anyone know if Surya Henna is BAQ?

celebration

Hi!

I have a few questions about what to expect from Celebration.

I understand that it has a much higher lawsone content and that "darker" is what to expect.  Does this translate to browner, redder (think burgundy as opposed to orange) or something else?  I'm thinking in comparison to Yemen.

A zillion questions about dye release

Hey y'all -

I got questions!!! I'm going for a deep stain on my greys.

How much dye release do I need to see in my mix before applying it to my head (for maximum color)?

How long after dye release does henna exhaust itself?

If I use less acidic catalysts in my mix (like apple juice or chamomile tea) do I ultimately get less color deposit, or does it just take longer to release before application?

Is the amount of dye release needed before application different if I'm going under the dryer?

liquids to mix with henna to push it to deep red

I know there was a question similar to this on the previous forum, but what liquids in particular mixed with henna have produced a deep red rather than orange result? I seem to remember something about red hibiscus tea or red wine vinegar. And which henna would you use? Celebration maybe? I need to order more henna soon- I'm currently using Purity.

Don't get me wrong, I love the medium auburn results I got this last time, in my henna/amla/indigo mix. Just thinking ahead to my next treatment. Would love to have a nice deep red glow, somewhat like Mer's on the mixes page.

Re: Henna-Indigo Dark Brunette Gray coverage

Hi,

. I have used chemical hair color for last 7-8 years to cover my gray. I had used henna in the past before my hair started turning gray. The henna turned my gray into dirty orange-copper and I turned to chemical dyes with reluctance. My natural hair is dark walnut brown which looks dark brown-black in the shade. I like the dark reddish brown /auburn dark hints in it. I have fair olive complexion and green-brown eyes so dark brown /walnut is what I am looking for as it is my natural hair color.

NEWBIE HERE !How long to leave henna on first time?

Just did my strand test & got jet black. Gonna go for it for first time this weekend. How long to leave henna on first time? My hair's mostly black with scattered gray. I have Ancient sunrise for AFRICAN HAIR BLACK. Instructions say several hours. Is that 2,3 4 hours? How long for indigo? It says one hour.Is longer than that bad? Is there a time limit for both?

Pages

Subscribe to forums.hennapage.com RSS