cassia and/or alma on white hair for body/minimize thinning

I am wanting to try non-dye released cassia and/or alma on my mom's solid white hair. My worst nightmare would be making my mother's hair yellow/blonde, as her white hair is absolutely beautiful. I am considering the cassia and/or alma to see if it would help w/body and to minimize thinning.

questions on using dye released cassia

I am talking to my aunt about using dye released cassia to get the soft blonde that I saw in Megumi's post on the old forum (see picture from that post below). my aunt's hair is white at the roots instead of that dark gray, so I think I should get similar results. I'll do some tests when I visit her in July, but it's hard to test the roots. Maybe I can test the roots at her nape. I have the following questions about cassia:

1. how do you deal with the cassia potential for brassiness that Carrie mentioned in Megumi's post?

2. does cassia fade or do you only do root touch-ups?

Lovely photo of henna from the Guardian

A lovely photo of some wedding henna from The Guardian website:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/gallery/2010/may/30/24-hours-in-pictures?picture=363191208

Forums: 

Lowlights using Indigo? To tone down Orangey/red roots

Hi...I was once a lovely Hennaed, long haired lady until I committed the sin and allowed a salon to chemically dye it dark blonde. It is now dry and horrible.

My hair will be VIBRANT as it's gray (although it was a lovely colour and the Henna is pushing it's way through).

To tone down the VIBRANT ORANGEY RED would I be able to LOWLIGHT using a little bit of INDIGO? And how would I do it?

Thank you

HEATHER

More henna plant pictures

It's now a week since the first henna photos I posted. I did another round of shots this morning. It's a perfect setup. I love early mornings and our patio garden is just outside my office door on the east side of the house so I get to shoot as the sun is breaking through the trees. My favorite kind of light.

You can see all the stills at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hennapage/sets/72157624117992486/

or you can view the slideshow at:

Forums: 

Delineating posts and comments

One of the admins asked if there is a way to make the separations between posts and comments more clear. The forum template doesn't have the striping option that you see in some other packages, but it does have a feature that wraps each post in a frame. I've turned on this option. Feel free to comment and let me know what you think.

R.

Please post your Thursday Sharing for May 27 into this thread!

Thank you all in advance for sharing!

When you can, post a url for your picture rather than hotlinking the picture.... there are several reasons for this:

Many people have limited bandwidth. If a hotlink pops their picture up every time some opens the thread, they may quickly exceed their bandwidth, and then nobody gets to see their picture.

Its nice to see your picture in the context of the rest of your work!

The page will open more quickly for everyone if the sharing is done with text links rather than hotlinks.

Forums: 

Henna over blond highlights

I will be doing henna on a friend over brown hair that has blond highlights in it (they have been there for awhile and are growing out).  What will it end up looking like?  Auburn with red highlights?

Have you ever had a haircut so bad that ....

Have you ever had a haircut so bad that you could barely bring yourself to leave the house?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50164213@N02/4638290517/

What was it like?  How did you eventually resolve the issue?

Forums: 

Hiding in the back seat of the Model T, looking at the world: this is what she saw

Stereoscopic images were the broadband internet connection of the early 1900's. Because of the illusion of third dimension, the people who looked at these photographic images had an impression of absolute veracity.  The viewers saw it as truth.  But ... how is truth constructed?

If a single artifact could launch a thesis, this would be that artifact, examining the hundred layers of nuance.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50164213@N02/4639838981/in/photostream/

Forums: 

Pages

Subscribe to forums.hennapage.com RSS