Can I save my weak staining batch?

So I have figured out quit a bit in the last couple of weeks trying to mix henna but I do have one question.

Forums: 

african American hair with gray roots

I have gray roots and the remainder of my hair is light brown with dark brown ends. My hair is damaged from coloring and over pressing. I woud like my hair to be a dark plum color and healthy. My natural color is dark brown. What kind of henna or combination should I use.?

Blue mid-body stains

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50164213@N02/4606591520/

Blue does best on skin that is not exposed to the sun.  Sun damage and suntans inhibit blue staining. 

Bellies and thighs take blue beautifully!

Old shares, new shares

I have a heap of work from the last few summers to put up here.  Summer is wonderful for blue! 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50164213@N02/4605963403/

This was a demo piece I did while teaching a woading class: it took about 15 minutes to do, pausing for explanations.  It took two applications, two rinses, and a little sparkle at the end ... and she was ready to go!  The stain lasted several days. 

Everybody covers something

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10105062.stm

Once you roll out of bed in the morning, you make choices about what you reveal and what you conceal.  You know every one who sees you is going to make judgements about how you arrange this.

What are you revealing today?  What are you concealing today?

Do you ever have nightmares about being naked in a public place?

Forums: 

Staining with Glosses

When applying a gloss, is it recommended to wear gloves?  I don't recall anyone ever mentioning it, but it seems like it would stain your hands otherwise.

Sweating cones?

It seems that whenever I thaw a frozen cone, it somehow has water inside. Every time I squeeze a thawed cone, water droplets come out. It makes the henna very hard to apply, even though my fresh paste never has this problem. I store frozen henna in a ziploc bag, and I thaw it out of the bag in the fridge, then set it on the counter to reach room temp before trying to use it.

The water thing is causing a problem. Anyone know what I can do, besides never freezing my cones?

Forums: 

Does aquarellabel pencil inhibit staining?

I have a rather complicated design that I want to put on my hand tonight, and I sketched the design out on aquarellable pencil first. Thing is, the pencil made really dark blue (like almost vat Indigo colored) lines on my skin, and I'm concerned that it might cause a problem for the henna. Anyone know if it will keep my stain from sticking?

Forums: 

get the ball rolling....

well, i guess i'll get the ball rolling then! here by way of curlynikki's admiration for henna, i'm two years natural and i didn't do a "strand" test but i did harvest hair and use a sample as per the instructions on the hennaforhair website. for natural hair, is that enough?

i mean, don't get me wrong i did notice a significant difference: it's super soft, super strong and even the color is a bit brown. and in the light, it looks amber. however, i'm scared it wasn't enough.

any reassurance?

Which one?

So I was looking on the site to see if the new henna had been put up as a "coming soon" when I saw the "laboratory tested" part. Is the yemen sifted good for body art, or is it just for hair? And what about this NEW henna that is being hinted at? Is that one higher then 2.4?

Forums: 

Pages

Subscribe to forums.hennapage.com RSS